mmmm

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Real Good News!


Short Introduction


We are the Bishop Family. We live in the beautiful state of Georgia. Just a little bit about ourselves. My wife Leslie has her degree in Sociology from Gordon College. I am Charlie. I have a Master of Divinity degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. The only reason I bring up this degree is that it is the only way some people will even listen to what I have to say. For you fellow Title Disdainers out there, please overlook my pronouncement. We have three wonderful children and one son-in-law: Courtney and Caleb, Katie and David.


I have worked thirteen years in the insurance field and have owned my own environmental home service business for 9 years and I am currently working at Publix. This has been a wonderful way to meet people, offering a needed service and sometimes having interesting theological conversations. We have not walked the traditional ministry road for a long time now. We believe the Scripture teaches we are to experience body life, where the concept of a professional clergy/laity distinction does not exist.


It was in the spring of 2005 that God opened our eyes to a clearer understanding of the Gospel of Grace, proclaimed by Paul. This book was written as a means of spreading the Gospel of Grace.


We are not out to change the Gospel message, or to proclaim a new one. We believe what we are proclaiming is the Gospel that Paul preached.


For 29 years as a Christian, I believed the message taught by the traditional church, that God loves you, repent, give your life to Jesus and if you don’t do this in time, then you will burn for eternity.


That, in a nutshell, is what the majority of the evangelical churches believe today. They proclaim that God loves you unconditionally, ex-cept for the condition that you believe in Jesus in time.


My conversion experience was wonderful and powerful. I knew Jesus Christ was my Savior, but just a short time after listening to the teachings of the traditional church I began to wonder, “Just what is the difference between Christianity and other religions?” Sure, we are initially saved by grace (as long as we help God out by working up the belief), but then what? If a certain level of good works is not a part of our lives, then perhaps we have lost our salvation. Or maybe we were never saved to begin with. What is that level of good works that we must have? No one ever knew, but you better have some. This is the same as every other major religion. A confusing mixture of law and grace.


I’ve listened to many Bible believing teachers and met many Christians across the world. The law and grace mixture is common to all traditional doctrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment